Hertfordshire Building Preservation Trust


Image description

A display at the Much Hadham Forge Museum


Subscription to the Trust annual fees
Individual £20
Joint £30
Society £30
Corporate £75
Subscription to the Trust lifetime fees
Individual £200
Joint £300
Society £300
Corporate £750

Methods of payment

BACS please use:
Sort: 40 51 62
Account number: 37135018
Account name: Hertfordshire Building Preservation Trust
Reference: Surname

Cheques - please make out to Hertfordshire Building Preservation Trust and send to:
The Castle
SG14 1HR

Standing order:
Please contact the office for a form

In all cases please let us have:
Full Name (s) including title
Post Code:

And let us know if we can claim the Gift Aid back.

Image description

The Mill Guides Annual Outing


Mill Guide, Cromer Windmill

If you can spare just two or three afternoons during the summer, help bring the mill to life for its visitors by becoming a Mill Guide. You will be given all the information needed in order to know more than 99% of our visitors, (and you will be able to learn from the other 1% anyway!)



Much Hadham Forge Museum

The MHFM is looking for volunteers to assist the Curator with a variety of jobs at this small but dynamic museum. The number of hours will be by arrangement with the Curator.



Image description

Croxley Great Barn, Rickmansworth - grade II* listed 14th century aisled barn 

A Gift in Your Will

As a registered charity, the Hertfordshire Building Preservation Trust relies now, more than ever on the support of individuals. One of the ways that you can help to ensure that the Trust continues its work for future generations is by supporting it with a gift in your will. Anyone can include a gift in their will, however large or small, all legacies are gratefully received and will be put to good use.

There are four ways that you can support the Trust through a gift in your will these are:

A Residual Legacy
This is a donation of the remainder or a percentage of your estate after all debts, taxes, expenses and other bequests have been made.

Pecuniary Legacy 
This is simply a fixed sum donation decided by you.

Specific Legacy
You may like to leave the Trust a personal possession or asset including property, stocks and shares etc

Revisionary Legacy
This is a valuable way of providing for your loved ones first. It involves leaving assets to a specified beneficiary to enjoy during their lifetime, with the whole or a portion reverting the Trust, on their death.

A gift in your will to the Trust can prove extremely tax-efficient. The Trust has full charitable status; gifts made in this special way are not subject to inheritance tax.

Your will is one of the most important documents you will ever make so the Trust recommends that you seek the advice of a solicitor.